We will always protect you
We will always protect you
- We will only ask you for, and use, the minimal personal information that we require to market, organize and execute your tour.
- We promise to keep all confidential personal information like passport details safely secured on a separate medium that is not connected to our network and is not online accessible by any third party.
- We also promise to keep your payment secure: we use for payment only well-secured and reputable third-party payment systems. None of your payment details will be saved by us.
- We’ll tell you upon request exactly and completely what information we have recorded about you. If you would like any of this personal information changed or deleted, ask us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately comply.
Underneath we cover in detail how, where, for which goal and in what way we deal with your privacy.
Privacy starts when you visit our Website. If you are browsing our Site, you are anonymous to us, but we will still collect User Data, like browser type, device, and IP address, during your session through web analytics services to monitor site usage tracking. This User Data is collected for all visitors, is non-personally identifiable, and is used to manage, monitor, and track usage to improve our website’s services. Once this data is collected, it is stored in our web analytics services indefinitely or until we deem it necessary to delete.
We use, like any other website, cookies to do this. A cookie is a file of information which is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored in your browser or your computer’s hard drive. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the Website. Session cookies are deleted from your computer on closing your browser. Session cookies typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. Persistent cookies on the other hand, remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach the expiry date. Persistent cookies allow our Website to recognize you when you return, track your preferences and customize content or services for you.
Third party cookies that are employed on the Website are largely for advertising, statistical or add-in functionalities. These include add-in functionalities for enhanced user experience through third party software plug-ins. These plug-ins may also send you cookies. We have no control over these third parties’ cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of the Website, however, you will still be able to access it completely.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may voluntarily give us your personal information that identifies who you are by
- Filling up and submitting a contact- or booking form on our Website, or
- Filling up email/newsletter subscription form on our Website, or
- By corresponding with us over phone, email, WhatsApp, online chat or other means, or
- Entering an online contest, or
- Submitting a review or a feedback, or
- Submitting a testimonial, or
- Enquiring about our services
Why do we need this information?
Your personal information is used by Tales from Africa Travel for legitimate business purposes only, undertaken to provide you with the best service you can expect from Tales from Africa Travel. These purposes are:
- To contact you about your request and/or booking.
- To book certain services on your behalf. We only ask for the information we really need to book your tour.
- For invoicing purposes and for credit card payment processing, using a third-party payment system.
- To notify you about any updates or maintenance to our websites.
- To notify you through an opt-in system about other Tales from Africa Travel products and services, or events, in which you may be interested.
- For direct marketing and advertising purposes. However, we do not sell our client lists to any other third parties for use in their marketing campaigns. Also, at any time you may opt out of receiving such marketing materials and solicitations from us.
- To comply with our legal and contractual obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements
We do not disclose or sell your personal information to others for use in their mailing lists or databases. We use your personal information internally and share it with other people or organizations who need to know it as part of working with us in our normal business activities (e.g. suppliers like hotels, airlines, car rental companies etc.). We may need to share your personal information with a number of trusted parties, with or without obtaining your consent, that help us provide our services. These include:
- Law enforcement agencies or governmental organizations where disclosures are required by applicable law
- Banks and payment gateway service providers
- Any successors to our business
- Other service providers when explicitly required to offer their service (f.i. airlines require passport details when booking a domestic flight)
We do not give and/or sell this information to other parties for any other purpose than the above.
Sale of business or assets
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, alteration or misuse of your personal information. Tales from Africa Travel uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website and email. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be a hundred percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Your critical personal information is securely saved
Once we receive personal information from you that might be used for criminal purposes (like banking details, passport information etc.), we save it on a device that is not physically nor online linked to the rest of our system. We then immediately delete it from the rest of our system. This means that this information cannot be accessed online by hackers.
You do not consent to us to use this information for any other purpose nor to sell or give this information away in any form to third parties.
This website and its contents are owned by Tales from Africa Travel. All information, services and contents are subject to South African jurisdiction. When booking a tour, you agree to this without reservations.
Tales from Africa Travel has compiled and published all information on this website to the best of its ability and knowledge. However, a tour through Africa is definitely not the same as a tour in Europe or the USA. Unforeseen circumstances or situations are quite common. Before or during the tour these may result in an adjustment of the itinerary, overnight stops and/or another part of the tour. For all information published on this website we can accept no further responsibility or liability then is stipulated in the booking conditions. Or in normal English: we will work our ass off to ensure you get exactly what we promise on this website, but we can’t control all aspects of a tour and may have to change something during your holiday.
In addition to the above, Tales from Africa Travel is not responsible for the correctness of information obtained from external sources. This includes visa information, health, travel documents and other practical information. We try very hard to give you the correct information, but are in no way responsible nor liable whether this information is correct or complete nor changed from what is published on the website. The same is true for all information obtained through links to external websites, even if these links are published on the Tales from Africa Travel website.