Secrets of Stellenbosch and Cape Town
7-day small group tour South Africa
Explore the best-kept secrets of Stellenbosch and Cape Town. Cape Town, the Mother City, is rife with unexplored nooks and crannies, full of undiscovered treasures and new ways to learn about life in and around one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Visit Cape of Good Hope is a classic side car and make a wine-safari by jeep up the mountains of Constantia Wine Valley. Discover the winelands around Stellenbosch through a beer tour. Find out why one week is barely enough for this exciting small group tour!
We run this tour with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants, so you have plenty of room in the luxury van or minibus.
The oldest city of South Africa
Cape Town is the oldest city in Africa, steeped in history and liberally sprinkled with hidden gems. You’ll uncover its highlights in a different way. See Table Mountain – from the deck of yacht during a champagne cruise. Escape the crowds by going down the slopes of Table Mountain on a gravity-propelled scooter. Cook your own lunch in the Bo-Kaap, an eyepopping kaleidoscope of brightly coloured houses, spice shops and mosques, smothered in a thick layer of Cape Malay tradition. Cycle on a water bike between penguins and ride in side car over the endless winding roads to the Cape of Good Hope. Or choose one of the other optional excursions, all designed to let you discover Cape Town in a new and exciting way.
Much more than wine in Stellenbosch
Then it’s time to discover South Africa’s winelands in a completely new way. It’s not all wine that is available. The winelands are much more than that! Culture, heritage, nature, mystery, excellent food, fine dining, cycling, unique experiences and many craft beer breweries.
Staying in Stellenbosch, the second oldest settlement in South Africa after Cape Town, you will explore this town in a unique and captivating way. History, walking, and cycling but of course also eating and beer tasting are the experiences waiting for you.
From Stellenbosch we take you out to the West Coast and Darling for more intriguing, special and mind-blowing experiences.
Highlights of the secrets of Cape Town and Stellenbosch tour
- Slow travel small group tour, minimum 4, maximum 8 participants.
- 4 nights in comfortable hotel in Cape Town
- 3 nights in historic centre of Stellenbosch
- Learn about San culture in the Fair Trade certified !Khwa ttu San heritage centre
- Community visit with Fair Trade certified Uthando operator
- Visit South Africa’s only carbon neutral craft brewery
- Champagne cruise and the Zeitz Museum at the V&A Waterfront
- Scootour on Table Mountain
- Malay cooking class in a Bo-Kaap house
- Go gin-tasting in the secret Gin Bar
- Visit the penguins in Simonstown on water bike
- Ride the winding roads to Cape Point in an historic side car
- Make an unique wine safari by jeep in Constantia valley
- Walk across the top of Table Mountain or choose one of the many other excursions
- Visit an 18th century historical building at the heart of Stellenbosch’s vibrant cultural district which is home to a collective of diverse merchants, each passionate about their craft.
- Discover the craft beers on a working farm in Stellenbosch
- Learn about sustainable beermaking processes
- Get a bike from the Stellenbosch Trail fund and explore the Eerste River trail
- Walking tour where culture and food connect
- Get an insider’s perspective on the outdoor art exhibition
- Indulge in a sensory gin experience which includes a visit to the University Botanical Gardens
- Sip a liquid ‘dessert’ at an innovative coffee laboratory
- Visit Darling with a collection of some of the West Coasts finest art, landscapes, wine, beer, food and activities.
- Discover that the more you know, the less you need
- Exclusive bespoke and flexible experiences
Bespoke private experiences
Use our unique tours and experiences as a source of inspiration for your exclusive holiday. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like in this tour, or any particular tour that speaks to you. Or let us know in general what experiences you would like to have. Based on what you tell us we’ll make a bespoke, unique tour for you. We’ll keep adjusting the itinerary, accommodations and way of travel until you have YOUR perfect holiday. Your exclusive experience of a lifetime.
This is experiential travel at its best. Nothing is set in stone, all can be combined, adjusted, changed to make your own bespoke holiday! Here are some more ideas to inspire you.