Rhino Conservation Experience
3-nights Bush Break
A Rhino Conservation Experience, ANY wildlife conservation experience, is the ultimate wildlife encounter and it WILL give you goosebumps! It is something you’ll never forget for the rest of your life. You’ll be hands-on involved in safeguarding the future of the Rhino and other African wildlife.
Go out into the bush and literally lay your hands on a Rhino and help collaring it. Accompany the vets and the conservation team to locate the darted Rhino. Help measuring, ear-notching, DNA-collecting and/or collaring. This way, both scientists and anti-poaching units can monitor this highly endangered species. Be there when it wakes up and see it wandering off into the bush. Nothing compares to the vibrant feel of your hands on a live Rhino’s skin. To the exhilarating satisfaction of actively having helped safe this magnificent animal. Knowing you really mattered!
Where is the Rhino Conservation Experience?
The Rhino Conservation Experience is in Marataba in the Waterberg area, ca. 4 hours from Johannesburg. It’s available from 1 February to 31 October only, to avoid overheating of the darted Rhino in the Summer heat. You can do the other Conservation Experiences the whole year round.
Dynamic and fun, yet responsible and sustainable, the bespoke and exclusive Conservation Experiences are geared towards active participation in essential conservation projects.
“No one in the world needs a Rhino horn but a Rhino.” – Paul Oxton
Highlights of the Rhino Conservation Experience Bush Break
- A truly unique hands-on safari experience
- Slow travel Bush Break in Marataba Reserve in the Waterberg area
- 3 nights in an exclusive Conservation Camp
- Choose between:
- Founders Camp, your own group of max 8 adults and 2 children
- Explorers Camp, two groups of max 6 adults and 3 children each
- Exchange one night for a night at the wild Star Camp-Out for stargazing and wild walking
- Each group has its own game viewer vehicle and private guide
- Or book on an individual base during Rhino Conservation Week and share all facilities
- All meals, drinks, activities etc. included
- Enjoy as an exclusive bespoke experience for your own party
- Or join the yearly Rhino Conservation Week (9 and 12 August 2021)
- Take part in a rhino darting, ear notching, DNA collection and/or collaring
- Day and night game drives
- Join other Conservation experiences and activities:
- Safari walks
- Camera trap set up & analysis
- Predator management
- Ecology experiences
- Community outreach
- And several other options
- Optional road- or fly-in transfers
- Flexible itinerary, add a night in a lodge or another safari to this City and Bush Break
Bespoke private experiences
Use our unique tours and experiences as a source of inspiration for your exclusive holiday. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like in this tour, or any particular tour that speaks to you. Or let us know in general what experiences you would like to have. Based on what you tell us we’ll make a bespoke, unique tour for you. We’ll keep adjusting the itinerary, accommodations and way of travel until you have YOUR perfect holiday. Your exclusive experience of a lifetime.
This is experiential travel at its best. Nothing is set in stone, all can be combined, adjusted, changed to make your own bespoke holiday! Here are some more ideas to inspire you.