Life between Desert and Sea
17-day round trip, North Namibia
Life between desert and sea? Yes. The Kalahari Desert, one of the most remote deserts on earth, is teeming with life – and we know where to look for it. The most spectacular part, the Namib Desert, boasts magnificent panoramas, gigantic peaks, huge mountain ranges and spectacular sand dunes. Travel through this stunningly beautiful country of desert dwellers. Find the elusive desert Elephants, desert lions and the extremely rare Black Rhino. Cherish the sight of the most beautiful antelope of them all, the oryx, roaming in the world’s most beautiful desert. Be amazed by the bizarre Welwitschia, one of the oldest living plants in the world. And look for small desert animals like the sidewinding adder, the dancing lizard and the even weirder named Tok-Tokkie.
You’ll also visit the human desert dwellers: the red coloured Himba and the original bushmen, the San, call this home.
Bordering this desert is the life bringing ocean. The cold Antarctic water is a rich feeding ground for the multitudes of penguins, seals, dolphins and occasionally even whales. Why not make an adventurous sea-kayak journey to a remote seal colony or taste fresh oysters on a boat trip?
One of Africa’s top five game reserves: Etosha
Last but not least, in the middle of this all, you’ll find one of Africa’s top five game reserves: Etosha. Waterholes give life to a myriad of bush and plain animals. Elephants and giraffes, black and white rhinos, lions, wild dogs and cheetah congregate with thousands of antelopes, zebra’s, wildebeest and buffaloes around these wells of life. And you’ll also visit Na’an ku se (one of the best conservation initiatives in Africa!) to learn all about these animals before you go on safari. Talk about added value!
On this journey of discovery of all the life between desert and sea, you’ll sleep in some of the most remote and beautiful exclusive lodges in the world. Whether isolated on the infamous Skeleton Coast or hidden away in the barren desert, stay in style.
Discover Namibia’s wildlife between desert and sea the way you want it. Choose self-drive or guided chauffeur driven, exclusive fly-in or adventurous 4×4 safari camper – this is truly a journey you’ll never forget!
Highlights of the Life Between Desert and Sea round tour
- Focus both on life in the Kalahari Desert and life in the sea
- Unique safaris, sunset drives, night drives and game walks
- Learn all about wildlife conservation at Na’an ku se
- San rock paintings at spectacular Spitzkoppe
- 2 nights quirky Swakopmund
- Fat Bike Desert Tour
- Kayaking to seal colony
- 2 nights Shipwreck Lodge on the Skeleton Coast
- 2 nights for Desert Elephant tracking in Purros
- Visit original Himba village
- 2 nights to track the elusive Black Rhino in Palmwag
- 4 nights straight through Etosha NP
- Hobatere, wild western Etosha
- Okaukuejo, central Etosha
- Onguma Game Reserve, eastern Etosha
- Okonjima Nature Reserve and AfriCAT foundation
- Sleep in stunning eco-tourism and community supportive lodges
- Choose the option you want: self-drive, guided chauffeur driven, fly-in or 4×4 safari camper
- Exclusive bespoke and flexible experiences
Bespoke private experiences
Use our unique tours and experiences as a source of inspiration for your exclusive holiday. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like in this tour, or any particular tour that speaks to you. Or let us know in general what experiences you would like to have. Based on what you tell us we’ll make a bespoke, unique tour for you. We’ll keep adjusting the itinerary, accommodations and way of travel until you have YOUR perfect holiday. Your exclusive experience of a lifetime.
This is experiential travel at its best. Nothing is set in stone, all can be combined, adjusted, changed to make your own bespoke holiday! Here are some more ideas to inspire you.