Kalahari to Cape Town
15 day motorbike tour from Namibia to South Africa
During this 15-day motorcycle tour you’ll experience what real solitude feels like. See the sky turn orange in an African sunset. Motorcycling through Africa is the experience of a lifetime! You ride the best and most scenic tarred and untarred roads of South Africa and Namibia on our Kalahari to Cape Town motorcycle tour.
Partly untarred roads take you first to Etosha wildlife reserve. Then ride on the edge between ocean and desert along Skeleton Coast. Eat Schwarzwalder Kirsch Torte in Skwakopmund and apple pie in Solitaire. Namibia’s most scenic gravel roads bring you deep in the heartland of the Kalahari desert. Scale the heights of the dunes at Sossusvlei and feel dwarved by the depths of Fish River Canyon.
From the Kalahari desert to Cape Town
Exchange Namibia for South Africa so you can take the long, empty R 355. Halfway down this road you will enjoy the most spectacular sunset over the Karoo. Follow the road to where it ends in Cape Agulhas. Here at the most southern tip of Africa two great oceans meet, the Atlantic and the Indian.
At the end of your motorcycle holiday you reach the impressive Table Mountain towering over Cape Town. On a terrace, nursing a glass of good wine, you will have to say goodbye to this unforgettable motorbike tour. Suitable for the more experienced rider, either with or without pillion.
You can also do this motorcycle tour in reverse direction from Cape Town to the Kalahari.
“Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul”
Highlights of the Kalahari to Cape Town motorcycle tour
- Wildlife in Etosha N.P.
- Stunning landscapes of the Kalahari Desert
- Swakopmund and Skeleton Coast
- The dunes of Sossusvlei
- Fish River Canyon
- Tankwa in the heartland of the Karoo
- Africa’s southernmost point
- Cape Town
- ca. 3380 km (ca. 2100 miles) of which ca. 2000 km (ca. 1245 miles) on untarred roads
- suitable for the average experienced motorbiker with some experience on untarred roads, but no hard off-road riding involved.
- The itinerary is planned in such a way that you have plenty of time to enjoy the magnificent scenery. You’ll encounter wildlife most days.
- Suitable for rider with a pillion; if you want to skip a day on the backseat you can ride with the backup vehicle.
Bespoke private experiences
Use our unique tours and experiences as a source of inspiration for your exclusive holiday. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like in this tour, or any particular tour that speaks to you. Or let us know in general what experiences you would like to have. Based on what you tell us we’ll make a bespoke, unique tour for you. We’ll keep adjusting the itinerary, accommodations and way of travel until you have YOUR perfect holiday. Your exclusive experience of a lifetime.
This is experiential travel at its best. Nothing is set in stone, all can be combined, adjusted, changed to make your own bespoke holiday! Here are some more ideas to inspire you.