City of Gold and Safari in the Bush
6-nights City Break in South Africa
Where in the world can you combine a city-break with a real safari? In South Africa’s City of Gold and Safari in the Bush tour! Johannesburg has a vibe of its own and is the place where it all happens. Fashion, music, fine dining, unique experiences – this is the beating heart of South Africa. Discover its rich history, all the way from the first humans through the City of Gold, Ghandi and Apartheid eras.
Then you leave the bustling city life behind you: it’s time to go for a Safari in the Bush in a Big Five game reserve. Madikwe Game Reserve is South Africa’s hidden gem when it comes to a unique safari experience. This is an exclusive wildlife experience that you will never forget!
“I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up that I was not happy” – Ernest Hemingway
Highlights of the City of Gold and Safari in the Bush tour
- 3 nights in Johannesburg
- Stay in Ghandi’s house
- Go back to the dawn of mankind in the Cradle of Humankind
- Visit the Apartheid museum
- Cycle through Soweto and meet the friendly Sowetans
- Enjoy some of Africa’s finest dining in downtown Johannesburg
- Discover the hipster culture in the many bars
- 3 nights in Madikwe Game Reserve
- Rest in style in an exclusive five star lodge
- Go on exclusive game drives or venture into the bush on a game walk
- Relax in the lodge’s bush spa
Bespoke private experiences
Use our unique tours and experiences as a source of inspiration for your exclusive holiday. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like in this tour, or any particular tour that speaks to you. Or let us know in general what experiences you would like to have. Based on what you tell us we’ll make a bespoke, unique tour for you. We’ll keep adjusting the itinerary, accommodations and way of travel until you have YOUR perfect holiday. Your exclusive experience of a lifetime.
This is experiential travel at its best. Nothing is set in stone, all can be combined, adjusted, changed to make your own bespoke holiday! Here are some more ideas to inspire you.